Yiwu commodities market , the Yiwu FuTian market(Yiwu Wholesale Market)
Yiwu Commodities Market is know as the “Ocean of Commodities, and Paradise for Shoppers.” Since its establishment in 1982.
Yiwu market has been booming. The market has a total of 2.6 million square meters with over 100,000 enterprises and 200, 0000 employees, and covering over 400,000 commodities. Its is like a magnet attracting business around the world. If one spends 3 minutes in each booth, and walks 8 hours a day, it will take a whole year to walk through the market. IN 2005, according to the report Astonishing Figures of China issued by the United Nation. The World Bankan Morgan Stanley, Yiwu market is the largest wholesale market in the world. As high as 55% of the commodities are exported to foreign countries,and over 10,000 overseas businessmen and 750 overseas businesses have been attracted to reside in Yiwu.
Every year, commodities are exported to 210 countries and regions with over 400,000 standard containers. The UNHCR, Carrefour Aisa and Ministry of Foreign Affairs have all set up their own purchasing centers in the city. The trade volumes of Yiwu market have ranked the first among all special market around the country for 15 successive years. It has become the largest circulation and exhibition center of daily consumer goods, and the most important exporting platform in China.
It is the largest single commodities-wholesale market in the world now, its 1.7 million square meters operating area covers an area of 1 square kilometers, and is composted of 8 zones and more than 30,000 booths, the different zones of the markets is built based on different goods , 6.6 km in circumference and 2.5 km in straight distance form head to tail. The markets are quipped with central air-conditioning system,viaduct traffic system, wide-band information network and star-level hotel property management standard; and the international hotel chain” Best West” has built the Ocean Hotel here. Inside the markets, shuttle buses as well as sight-seeing buses are available, 3,000 appointed traveler purchasing booths are at you service; the first Five-Star level market in Zhejiang province and the AAAA level National Purchasing & Traveling Spot is also he most modernized and the most internationalized wholesales market in China which integrates commodities exhibition, foreign-trading negotiation, electronic commerce, foreign trading service, modern logistics, goods inspection, custom declaration, and international financial service into a whole.
Here are listed the main markets:
*Auto parts & Accessories
* Home Decoration, Arts and crafts market (gifts made of glass/wood/metal, 3D crystal items, beads, Christmas products, and other decoration items)
* DIY and gardening market
* artificial flowers market
* Stationery market (ball pens, fountain pens, advertising pens, pencils, erasers, pen boxes, files, and all kinds of stationeries)
* Sport and other leisure (fishing, music,...) markets
* Eyeglasses and sunglasses market
* Kitchen and bathroom hardware market (plastic market)
* Candles market
* Auto accessories and Auto parts market
* Fashion jewellery market (rings, earrings, necklaces, hairpins, bracelets, ankle bracelets, toe rings, tattoos, artificial locks, wigs, all types of ornaments...)
* Mobile phones accessories market (mobile phones boxes, parts, cordons, ornaments,...)
* Small home appliances/ small electronic products market (FM radios, voice recorders, CD/VCD/DVD/MP3 players, earphones, microphones,...)
* Bags and leather products market (bags, belts, wallets, purses,...)
* Shoes market
* Fabric, Textile market